Isle of Man based betting software developer Microgaming is the oldest online betting firm in the world, having been formed back in 1994. When it comes to online blackjack, Microgaming has one of the largest libraries in the world, offering tons of variants that bring great twists to an already classic casino game.
In addition to single hand styles of blackjack, Microgaming offers multi-hand titles that allow players to occupy all of the seats at a virtual table, potentially negating some of the harsh swings in luck that can take place during individual hands dealt out by the casino.
Additionally, Microgaming offers an Auto-Play feature that allows the casino to play hands for you, using a basic strategy chart that makes the most logical choice based on the cards you are dealt. Auto play is a good option if you are using a blackjack bonus and are attempting to clear through a high amount of playthrough before you can cash out, but does take a bit of the fun factor away as you are not in control of anything going on.
In terms of actual game types, Microgaming’s blackjack offering consists of:
- Atlantic City Blackjack, which features a $2-$200 betting limit, 8 decks of cards. In this mode, players can double down on all cards, split up to four cards except aces, surrender late, and the dealer stands on all 17s.
- Big 5 Blackjack, which has a $2-$200 betting limit, as well as five decks of cards. In Big 5 Blackjack, players can double down on any two cards, double down after a split, split up to four cards except aces, and split aces once. Players can surrender early, but cannot give in when the dealer features an ace. Additionally, dealers hit on a soft 17. The RTP for this game is 99.49%.
- Bonus Blackjack, which features a $2-$200 betting limit, with two decks of cards. Players can double down on any two cards, double down after splits, and can split on up to four cards with the exception of aces, which can only be split once. Dealers hit on a soft 17 on this game, and there is a side game which offers big payouts for particular hands. The RTP for Bonus Blackjack is 99.69%.
- Classic Blackjack, which features a $2-$200 betting limit, which features a single deck of cards. In this game players can only double down on hands of 9 through 11, and players can only split up to two times, unless an ace is present, in which case the hand can only be split once. In Classic Blackjack, dealers stand on all 17 hands. The game features an RTP of 99.72%.
- Double Exposure, which features a betting limit of $2-$200, and eight decks of cards. In this game players can see the dealer’s hand, and blackjacks pay even money. Dealers also take all ties in the game, but players win ties on a natural blackjack. The RTP on this game is 99.38%.
- European Blackjack, which features a $2-$200 betting limit, two decks of cards, and a high roller limit of $100-$10,000. In this game players can split up to two sets of cards, double down on 9 through 11 cards, and can hit split aces. Dealers must stand on all 17s. The RTP on this game is 99.65%.
Microgaming also offers a series of games that are similar to blackjack, but known by different titles. These games include Spanish Blackjack, and Pontoon.Needless to say, there are a lot of variations on blackjack available through Microgaming, and there are literally dozens of online casinos that feature these titles.